Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Best Blog Award!

Hey there, darlings!

Let me start off by saying I am a terrible procrastinator at times and often forgetful :\  I've been nominated for this award 4 times, which is absolutely amazing and I am so thankful.  I feel terrible that it's taken me so long to get this post together...

I've recieved nominations for this award from Polished Elegance, Colorful Cupcake Cat, Polished Prescription and I <3 Nail Candy These 4 lovely ladies are incredibly sweet with fantastic blogs to boot!  :D




The Rules - Answer the 11 questions from the blogger(s) who nominated you, nominate up to 20 blogs with less than 200 followers and write 11 new questions for them.

Simple enough so lets get started!

I'm going to begin with my noms and 11 questions...

The Nominee's

Cubbiful
From Glitter to Creme
The Happy Sloths
Lola Nailed It
UK Nail Runner

My Questions

  1. How many polishes do you have in your stash?
  2. What is your number one favorite polish?
  3. How do you feel about textured polishes?
  4. What's your favorite animated Disney film?
  5. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
  6. Who is your favorite music artist/band and why?
  7. Tell us about something nostalgic from your childhood.
  8. What's your favorite candy?
  9. Do you have a weakness in nail art/blogging that you would want to improve on?
  10. What's your favorite flower?
  11. Coffee or tea?

Polished Elegance...
  1. How long have you been blogging?  I have been blogging since April of last year :) 
  2. What is your favorite nail art technique?  That's a tough one!  It's a toos up between galaxy and plaid.  I'm leaning more towards galaxy today lol.
  3. Do you have any pets?  I do!  My husband bought me a bunny for my birthday this year.  Her name is Scarlett, she is a Dutch and I love her too too much!
  4. What do you prefer to do on a Saturday?  Absolutely nothing!  Haha my weeks are so busy that I like to sit at home, paint my nails and watch TV on Saturdays.  That rarely ever happens tho *sigh*
  5. Favorite flower?  Night Blooming Jasmine
  6. Where are you from, and where do you live? (if another country than where you're from)  I am a born and raised Californian from the US.  I was born in Newport Beach which is located in Orange County and I've pretty much live in the OC my whole life.  I love traveling out of the country and experiencing new things/places, but I don't think I'd ever want to permanently move away from my "hometown".
  7. Indie polish - yay or nay?  I have just started purchasing indie polishes and there has only been one that I think is so-so and probably won't bother posting.  1 out of 5 ain't too shabby, so I'm going with a yay!
  8. What is your favorite type of polish finish? (shimmer, creme, holo, etc.)  Holos all the way!!  With textures coming in at a close second ;)
  9. Name a few good books?  A Raisin in the Sun,  The Vampire Lestat, The Joy Luck Club, Everything is Illuminated, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, How Lucky You Are... I could go on forever, these are just what popped into my head lol.
  10. What is next on your nail art to do list?  That is a surprise for tomorrow ;)
  11. How long to you spend on a mani?  Anywhere from 30 mins to an hour.  After that I just lose interest and want to try something else :P
Colorful Cupcake Cat...
  1. What is your favorite movie?  Blazing Saddles.  It's a movie my dad and I always watched together when I was growing up and I've just always loved it :)
  2. How many nail polishes do you own? I currently own 366.  A lot compared to some, not a lot compared to others.  Pretty middling lol.
  3. Do you have any pets?I have a little bunny named Scarlett <3
  4. What nail polish are you longing for at the moment? I have an entire page devoted to my "wishlist" polishes hahaha.  My larget lemmings being some of the neon cremes slated to come out by China Glaze for the summer.  I want, I want, I want!!
  5. Have you traveled to other countries? I have been to Italy, Germany, Austria and Mexico
  6. What basecoat and top coat are you using? Nutra Nail's Strengthener and Speed Dry Top Coat, both of which have green tea antioxidants in them.  My nails have really made a noticeable difference in strength and gloss since using it.
  7. Do you read?  What kind of books? I do.  I love sci-fi/fantasy, romance novels, light-hearted fictions...
  8. What made you decide to start your blog?  A friend of mine told me that my nail art was fantastic (looking back it definitely was just ok lol).  She suggested I start a blog and I thought, "Well, this way I won't have to explain to 10 different people how I did my nails."  My goal has always been to share whatever I learn with my followers :)
  9. Could you live without a TV? Absolutely.  I can't, however, live without a computer ;)
  10. Chocolate or gummy bears? Gummy bears, hands down!
  11. Do you collect anything?  Does polish count?  
Polished Perscription...
  1.  What is your favorite nail polish of all time?  Revlon Mad About Mango!  It's scented, it's coral, it's gorgeous!!
  2.  What do your friends/boyfriend/husband/family think about your nail polish addiction?  I think I'm lucky because most of the people in my life are singers/musicians/artists/super-crafty-people who just get me and are really supportive of my creative outlets.  For a long while the only followers I had were friends and family hahaha.
  3.  Craziest thing you've ever done (that you're willing to share of course.. haha)?  I had a couple of years when I was first in college, that I made some bad choices.  But nothing insane.  Infact you'd probably laugh at how slight/silly my bad choices were!  I'm a major rule follower :)
  4. What has been your favorite vacation?  Italy!  Technically it wasn't a vacation because I was there with my college choir for competition, but hey... I didn't have to be at work so that's a vaca to me!  I love that country so much, I can't wait to go back someday :D
  5. What is your favorite food or dessert?  Definitely sushi.  I could eat sushi 10 times a day and die happy lol.
  6. If you could go back in history and have dinner with one person, who would it be and why?  Richard Pryor.  The man was a laugh riot!
  7. Cats or dogs?  Dogs :)
  8. What is your favorite color in general? What is your favorite color when it comes to polish?  My favorite color is currently yellow, but it changes from time to time.  My favorite polish color is neon.  Yes, I understand... neon is not a color.  It doesn't change the fact that I am obsessed with any and all neons :P
  9. Favorite polish brand?  Julep!
  10. What is the last movie or book that made you cry?  Star Trek: Into Darkness.  So many feelings!!!
  11. Favorite outdoor activity?  I don't really know how to answer this.  I work with children, so the first thing that came to mind was laying in the shade and hanging with the kiddos.  I suppose my only other answer would be camping.  I really love camping :)
  12. What is your favorite place you have ever traveled to and why?  Italy definitely falls into this category, so I'll go with my second fave.  Germany and Austria :)  It was my final tour with my collge choir and I was there with my current husband/then fiance.  We had many many many amazingly wonderful experiences there together.
I <3 Nail Candy
  1. What's your favorite brand of nail polish? Julep!
  2. How is your polish stash arranged? It is arranged by color in my handy dandy Ikea Helmer...
  3. Besides nail art, what are your other hobbies?  I sing, I craft, I like to draw/color coloring pages.  I'm a big kid in some ways lol.
  4. What's your favorite cuisine?  Sushi and pizza!  Nomnomnomnomnomnom
  5. How often do you change your manicure?  Mmmmmpretty much everyday.  Often twice a day.  On occasion... three times a day ;)
  6. What's your favorite mani on your blog?  Currently my Doctor Who nails :D
  7. Do you play any musical instruments?  I play the guitar and I can plank out notes on a piano when necessary.
  8. What's your favorite color?  Yellow :)
  9. What's your favorite nail art technique?  Galaxy nails rock!!
  10. Matte or glossy?  Both!  I can't choose, I love them both in different ways...
  11. What are your tips regarding nail care?  Basecoat is absolutely essential!  I also cannot live without moisturizers.  Keep those hands and cuticles moisturized ladies!

44 questions!  Imma pass out now.  Thanks for the noms ladies ;)

Until next time!

Stef <3

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award! Those were a lot of questions to answer but it was so fun reading them all. I got to know you a bit better too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TheCharmingCheshireJune 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM

    Congrats! You deserve it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's great to know something new about your life!))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome thanks for the nomination, I shall answer the questions soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! way to go on answering each one their questions!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol thanks! I'm so appreciative, but boy did it take forever!

    ReplyDelete