Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sour Solitaire

Good day, dear hearts!

Today's manicure is one that I did while playing with some new textured polishes that I bought over the weekend.  I have been striving for a really fantastic ombre for a long time now.  I thought I'd give it  a whirl with textures...

Colors Used: OPI - Solitaire, Sally Hansen - Sour Apple

Solitaire is from OPI's newest sand collection, The Bond Girls.  Sour Apple was just recently realeased in SH's Sugar Coated collection...


I really am in love with both of these polishes!  Alone, Solitaire is just elegant.  She is frosty and glittery all at the same time.  Sour Apple is the complete opposite with it's creamy minty color and matte finish.  I wish the ombre popped more in the pictures as it did in real life.  I loved rocking this mani :)


I know textured polish isn't for everybodybut I've definitely got the bug lol.

Guess what?  I finally got some inspiration for the TPC this month and it's not patriotic!  Yayyyy!!  Lol stay tuned :)

Until next time!

Stef <3

16 comments:

  1. Really pretty! The texture and ombre worked well with each Ethe too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! i was surprised that they worked out well. Sour Apple is a lot rougher than OPI's liquid sands in gerneral...

      Delete
  2. Pretty mani, I really love that gradient! I wish my OPI Solitaire would be here already, can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo can't wait to see it on you! It's a gorgeous polish :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh that Sally Hansen is to die for! I hope the white is similar to Solitaire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize that SH had a Sugar Coat in white! Definitely going to pick that one up :D

      Delete
  4. even though i am not loving the textured creme look, i have to say that this gradient looks awesome on you.

    the painted ninja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly! I understand. Not all polish crazes are for everyone. I hated magnetic polishes and didn't get into crackle until they weren't popular anymore lol :)

      Delete
  5. Puckered perfection! I love it! Makes me want some sour candy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Best Blog Award. :D

    http://ilovenailcandy.blogspot.com/2013/05/best-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! That is a post in progress haha. I'll be sure to check out your nom and answer your questions :D

      Delete