Saturday, December 1, 2012

12 Mani's of Christmas: #2... Holly!

Happy December!

I can't believe the year is almost over.  2012 has definitely been the best year for me so far and I'm so excited to start decorating for the holidays.  Our home is currently lacking in festive decor but my nails are another story :)

In case you missed my last post, I have started a segment of 12 Christmas/Winter inspired manicures.  The list of mani's (and my first installment) can be found here.  Today, I decided to do Holly!

 Colors Used: Essie - Sugar Daddy, Sally Hansen - White On, China Glaze - Hey Sailor, Julep - Hoch


I applied 2 coats of Sugar Daddy and then sponged on the snowy tips.  I then applied the holly with a small dotting tool and striping brush.  Pictured above is my right hand.  I hardly ever photograph it but I feel like this time around it turned out a lot better than my left.


My right hand...


Aaaaand my left hand again haha :)


I had some streaking issues with the red (Hey Sailor) when I top-coated this mani.  It's extremely frustrating and I feel like it takes away from the simple prettiness of this.  Bleh.
Essie Sugar Daddy, Sally Hansen White On, China Glaze Hey Sailor, Julep Hoch, Christmas, winter, snow, holly, french tip, frenchie, nail art, nail design, mani

A simple, pretty and wintery mani :)

My wonderful friend (la Fashionista) is coming over today so that I can practice this sponging technique on her.  I feel that if I master the use of a sponge, gradient mani's should come more easily to me.  I love the look but can't quite accomplish a flawless finish.

Until next time!

Stef <3

2 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING! I love the snowy look. When I sponge, I always use all of the colors in stripes on the sponge, but I've never tried just using one color...maybe that is how you achieved the snowy look. I'm totally trying this right now! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooo please post a pic to my FB page so I can see how it turned out! :)

      Delete