Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Monochromatic Mani (aka Ombre :P)

Good day to you nail art / polish lovers!  It's almost the weekend as much as I love my time off, the next few days are going to be busy and hectic.. bleh.

Well, for today's mani I decided to do a full ombre look (I did a frenchie ombre that you can view here if you'd like :) ).  I love the color grey... a lot!  And grey scale nails just sounded like a great idea, so here they are haha...


Ombre,grey, gray, greyscale, monochromatic, nail art, mani

Ombre,grey, gray, greyscale, monochromatic, nail art, mani

Ombre,grey, gray, greyscale, monochromatic, nail art, mani
 These are my favorite grey's in my collection.  I really like the ombre look, I think it's very fun!  There is another technique that I want to try out where you just use one color polish and add drops of black or white to change the shade. 

Here are the colors used...
Rimmel - Black Satin, Charlotte Russe - Smolder, Julep - Meryl, Confetti - Lonesome Dove, O.P.I. - Skull & Glossbones

Of course, I can't just leave plain polish on my fingers.  I need some pizazz!  Lol so I added my go to glimmer on top.  You know what it is I'm sure...

Ombre,grey, gray, greyscale, monochromatic, nail art, mani
 China Glaze - Fairy Dust

It's my favorite, what can I say?  It's just so sparkly!!

As a side note, I've had a couple of friends ask me about my manicure techniques.  While I'm still learning myself, I have found some of the tips at Nails by Kayla Shevonne to be quite helpful!  Her "Manicuring 101" series is pretty awesome :)

So that's my post for today... unless you are curious about my recent polish haul ;)  It's after the jump!



I've gotten quite a few polish over the last week and a half and I am not ashamed!  Hahaha so let's just get to the showin'...

 Revlon - Appletini Fizz and Watermelon Fizz 
I couldn't get these polishes to "pose" well... *sigh*  I have a post planned for these 2 coming up, but for now I will say that they are very sheer, easy to paint with and the scents makes my mouth water!

 O.P.I. - Don't Touch My Tutu and My Pointe Exactly
I've been talking quite a bit about the NYC Ballet collection and it's been growing on me more and more.  My honey bought these for me because he's "wonerful"! :)

 Sinful Colors - Big Daddy, Savina - Power Up
Again, polishes my honey bought me and I'm pretty crazy about them!  Big Daddy is a neon orange that's perfect in 2 coats.  Savina is an amazingly bright neon green and it is so saturated.  My only complaint would be that it is way to thick and very difficult to apply.  I'm sure my polish thinner will fix that problem tho :)

 Spoiled - Distant Memory and Let's Get Sushi, Nicole by O.P.I. - Rainbow In The S-Kylie

Teal and coral are definitely my colors for this summer, they're so pretty!  And I think they make a pretty good color combo :)  Both of these polishes paint beautifully.  As far as the O.P.I... I don't know why I bought this polish lol.  I'm really bummed that I missed out on the Rainbow Connection from their Muppets Holiday Collection, it's been a lemming of mine for months.  So, I guess I'm soothing my longing by buying dupes. 

 It wasn't until I brought it home tho that I realized I already had a dupe that I bought at Ulta...

 Nicole by O.P.I. - Rainbow In The S-Kylie, Ulta - Pinata-Yada-Yada

I thinki I may like the Ulta brand better.  Here are some comparison shots...

And last but certainly not least is my new top coat.  I am in love!  It is so so so so so so good!! 


 Another find of my honey's, we were out at Target and I needed a top coat but didn't want to spend $8 on Seche Vite and he stumbled upon this one for $5.  I'm going back on Friday and I'm going to buy 3 more because I have this feeling that other people are going to find out about this amazing product and it will sell out lol.  I highly recommend it.  It's glassy like Seche Vite but it dries faster.  I've used it about 5 or 6 times now and it hasn't disappointed me yet!

Whew!  Long post and now I'm tuckered out.  With that being said....

Until next time!

Stef <3

No comments:

Post a Comment